Posted at 00:04 GMT on Thursday 16th June 2005
Havoc has now finished. Congratulations to those who took part in our first ever Capture the Flag event. Congratulation go to Galaxy 5:3 who have won the event by capturing 12 flags, one of which was their own, giving them a total of 16 CTF points. The three winners credits go to 5:3:9, 5:3:21 and 5:3:8 for having the highest scores in the galaxy.
A log of the interview with the winning galaxy can be found here.
Due to the success of our havoc Capture the Flag, the upcoming speed game will be based on the same principle. This CTF speed game will take place on the 18th and 19th of June and will be a free event.
The setup will be as follows:
- Modified CTF with new scoring system
- 3 minute ticks.
- Free credit given out on signup in order to upgrade
- Player numbers capped at 800 upgraded planets
- Accounts that have not utilised the free credit to upgrade will be deleted before tick start
- 40 random galaxies
- 4 playing sessions, each of 7 hours:
+ From 08:00 to 15:00 and 16:00 to 23:00 each day (All times in GMT)
- Ship stats will be modified slightly to correct some of the problems from Round XIII
- All planets start with:
+ All researches completed
+ 2 of each construction
+ 50,000,000 of each type of resource
+ 1,000 of each type of asteroid
Signups for our first Capture the Flag speed game will open at 12:00 GMT tomorrow, the 16th June. If you wish to take part, we hope you enjoy the game and, as ever, the best of luck to you. While playing feel free to idle in #speedgame on irc.netgamers.org
Also one small little announcement - Dawn of Myth recently had a speedgame and we donated 5 Planetarion credits to them as prizes. The winners were: