Posted at 20:04 GMT on Friday 3rd January 2014
The Winter Round has now finished, with 2:4 winning. This consisted of:
2:4:1 ReligFree (GC)
2:4:2 Coolkat (MoC)
2:4:7 Patrikc (MoW)
2:4:9 adastra (MoD)
Honourable mentions go to galaxies 1:2, who were the top galaxy by score and number of asteroids, and 2:7 and 4:3, who pushed 2:4 close in the stakes for top galaxy, with 5 and 4 special asteroids respectively.
The top planet was AcidRain (4:5:4), and he will be given an official Planetarion mug.
Winter ticks have now stopped, but havoc will be started at 09:00 GMT on Saturday, 4th January with the following changes:
-All researches completed
-500 million resources total (split over metal/crystal/eonium according to race)
-3000 asteroids total (split over metal/crystal/eonium according to race)
-30 of each factory, 30 wave amplifiers, 50 security centres and 30 of each refinery ADDED to each planet
-Asteroid mining limits increased to 8 million asteroids total
-Maximum construction limit set at 800 constructions
-The planet holding the special asteroid in c200 will be moved back to the active universe.
The tick speed will continue to be 15 minutes per tick.
Round 55 - Clouds of Deception
Firstly, well done to Squidy of Conspiracy for winning the Round Name Competition! A winning credit will be heading his way.
The galaxy and alliance setup for Round 55 are similar to Round 54:
-Maximum buddy pack sizes of 3, with 1 late joiner from tick 336.
-Alliances will be limited to 60 members total with 50 counting towards the alliance's rank.
Race and Government settings are unchanged. Ship Stats are close to final, but will hopefully be confirmed final at the weekend.
The key changes from Round 54 are as follows:
* New Military Centre Construction - costs 750 of each resource (for the first construction), and 500 CUs per construction. Each construction adds 1% to any xp gained in combat or when sending fleets on defence missions.
* Structure Defence constructions - cost 500 of each resource (for the first construction) and 500 CUs per construction. One Structure Defence construction "absorbs" 500 structure killer damage, which is enough to kill a structure.
* Ships can now be sold back to the vendor at 50% of their original cost. It takes 12 ticks for the transaction to take place, during which time the ships are not available. The process can be cancelled at any point before the 12 tick period, but the ships are only returned to the base fleet at the end of the 12 ticks.
* Resources returned when cancelling production orders are now adjusted to take this into account - they work from getting 100% of your resources back (at 0% complete), to 50% (at 99.99999% complete).
* The ship stealing covert op now has a base rate of 50 value per agent, rising to 100 value per agent when covert opping someone with a value 5 times larger than your planet.
* The ship stealing covert op is now available after the research transfer covert op, rather than before it.
A full list of changes, including bug fixes, is available in the changes from last round game manual page.
Ticks will be starting at 20:00 GMT on Friday, 10th January and continuing for 7 weeks until 20:00 GMT on Friday, 28th February.
Summary of links from recent announcements