Posted at 20:07 GMT on Tuesday 25th January 2005
Jolt is happy to announce that we've arranged for a special Planetarion-based game of Time of Defiance available to all Planetarion gamers.
Time of Defiance brings real-time strategy to the massively multiplayer universe in the depths of space. In the game you maintain your own domain of Islands and fight for control against hundreds of other players to expand your floating empire in a Campaign Based MMORTS by Nicely Crafted Entertainment. Every other empire you encounter in the game is another human and will remember the deals you didn't deliver on and the promises you broke. Treachery, propaganda and trade are just as important as your fighting strategy. Have you got what it takes to unite the Cog tribes under one ruler?
Time of Defiance Features:
- Over 4,000km x 4,000km playing area
- Hundreds of players in each game to fight
- Use a myriad of vehicles for exploration, support, tactics and battle
- Involving gameplay where each game lasts up to four weeks
- Active community of experienced players
- Play on beginner, intermediate or expert servers
- Evolving gameplay with new features added regularly
This special Planetarion based game requires a custom-built game client which you can download here. Users will be able to practice for the next week or so before a fortnight-long competition starts on the 28th January, running until the 11th of February with some free subscriptions and other prizes available for the winners.